Student Charity Fundraiser
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Part Time to Full Time
- Entry Level
Opportunity to make $30 an hour while representing a great Canadian Non-profit!
UP Fundraising is recognised as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America by Inc. 5000 Magazine in 2019! At UP Fundraising our motto is 'Make it Happen'. We strive to have a 'Make it Happen' attitude in everything we do. We specialise in partnering with non-for-profit organisations to help them acquire monthly donors and grow their programs.
We are looking for Fundraisers to represent the Heart and Stroke Foundations, whose mission is to reduce disability and death from heart disease and stroke through research, health promotion, and advocacy. As a Street Fundraiser you will be a part of a highly motivated team of Street Fundraisers in the Downtown Vancouver Area where you will educate passerby about the Heart and Stroke's cause and give the opportunity to donate.
By applying today you have the chance to make a difference in the world and in your community!
Location: Downtown Vancouver
Shifts available from Monday to Saturday
Availability: Full-Time and Part-Time
Apply now, start working right away!
- Safely engage with the public to inspire potential donors to become monthly supporters.
- Engage with everyday people walking through the streets and share with them about the charity’s programs.
- Contribute to the campaign’s success by achieving daily fundraising goals.
- Take and process donations in an accurate manner by ensuring accurate recording of donor contact and payment details.
- Answer donor Questions about the charity's programs.
Skills and Requirements:
- Sensitivity to humanitarian causes and a genuine passion for making a difference in the world.
- Proven track record of successfully meeting targets and/or performance goals.
- Excellent verbal communication and customer relation skills.
- Ability to build rapport and deal with rejection without becoming discouraged.
- Positive attitude, professional, and self-driven.
- Able to work outdoors in rain or shine.
- Loves taking on new challenges.
Rewards of working with UP-Fundraising:
- Generous compensation - opportunity to make $30 an hour!
- Opportunities for growth and development.
- Comprehensive paid training and ongoing development and support.
- Full-time or flexible part-time hours.
- The chance to be part of something that matters and make a difference in the world.
Culture at UP Fundraising:
At UP Fundraising our motto is 'Make it Happen'. We strive to have a 'Make it Happen' attitude in everything we do. We are committed. We are diverse. We are inclusive. We value each and every individual on our team and provide a rewarding career full of personal growth and development opportunities. Join our team today - and together we will 'Make it Happen!'
"At UP Fundraising we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. We are committed to providing accommodations throughout the hiring process. Please let us know in advance if you require any accommodations."
Apply today and join the team!
This job is also known as "Fundraiser" or "Outdoor Fundraiser" or "Canvasser" or "Charity Fundraiser" or "Fundraising Ambassador"
People with experience in these fields may have comparable experience. community fundraiser, sales, outdoor sales representative, fundraising, non-profit, canvassing, promotions, canvasser, brand ambassador, hospitality, door to door sales, humanitarian, international development, charity, volunteer, retail, outreach, campaign managers, brand ambassadors, experiential marketing, entrepreneurship, community development, public relations, social work, teachers, public speaking, leadership, retail sales, street fundraising, customer service, coach, team leader, political canvassing, door to door sales, acting, server, barista, hostess, volunteer, hospitality, marketing.